W.A. Johnson Classroom Block

W.A. Johnson Classroom BlockW.A. Johnson Classroom Block

Established in 1930, the W.A. Johnson Classroom Block is named after the Reverend William A. Johnson, the School’s founder. In 1864, Father Johnson approached the Corporation of Trinity College in Toronto with a proposal to establish a school for boys, with an affiliation to the university. TCS opened its doors in 1865 in Weston, Ontario with nine students. In 1868, TCS moved to its present location in Port Hope.

The Johnson Block, otherwise known as the Old Classroom Block, consists of languages & culture, English and social sciences classrooms, as well as the school store, Bear Boutique, staff common room and archives.