First Through The Gates is a program for new incoming TCS students, offered in advance of the start of the 2023-2024 academic year, and is designed to build confidence, foster belonging, and support the transition to life at TCS. This program is available to any new Senior School student who will be entering TCS at any grade level in fall 2023. Students who participate in First Through The Gates will have the opportunity to…
- Make friends with other new TCS students
- Meet their Circle of Care (head of house, advisor & guidance counsellor) – parents/guardians will have this opportunity, too!
- Build relationships with student leaders
- Get to know TCS faculty, staff and facilities
- Live on campus and establish healthy routines in their new home/at their new school (even those registered as day students for the 2023-2024 academic year will board during First Through the Gates in order to better bond with new friends and familiarize themselves with campus!)
- Develop confidence and a sense of belonging on campus
- Learn about supports on campus and how to access them
- Get to know Port Hope through fun excursions
- Spend a day exploring Toronto
- Get a head start on many ‘new student’ activities, including setting up their laptop and planner, meeting with their guidance counselor, and establishing any necessary connections related to second language or mathematics support (if applicable)
The program runs from Wednesday, August 30 to Thursday, September 7, 2023. The cost is $1,895 CDN per student and includes accommodations, meals and excursions.
Registration is closed for 2023. Stay tuned for 2024 program dates and details.
For more information, please contact Michelle Bishop, Ancillary Programs Director at firstname.lastname@example.org.