Bear Fair 2023
Saturday, September 23rd
10:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m.
Thank you for making Bear Fair 2023 such a success! More than $28,000 was raised to support student-centred initiatives. We look forward to welcoming everyone back to campus for Bear Fair 2024!
Join Us and Celebrate Our Global Community!
Bear Fair is a family fair event held at the School for nearly 30 years. Organized and hosted by the TCS Parents’ Guild, we invite all parents, students, alumni and their families to attend this fun day of fundraising which includes the silent auction, sporting events, kids’ games, barbecue and more!
2023 Event Details
- Gibson Farms Apples ($15/bag) - pre-orders are now closed.
- Krispy Kreme Donuts ($10/dozen) - pre-orders are now closed.
Note: Limited quantities of apples/donuts may be available for purchase at Bear Fair.
International Food & Beverage Stations: Sample exciting cuisine from around the world
Silent Auction: Some incredible items will be up for auction, such as:
- Leafs and Blue Jays tickets
- Luxury hotel stays, dining experiences and spa packages
- Gift cards and gift baskets for every taste
- Signed sports memorabilia
- And our featured item - a one-of-a-kind, handcrafted 15-foot cedar strip canoe built by Mr. Ty Bailey, with help from the 2022-2023 TCS Woodworking Club!
BBQ Lunch: Enjoy hot dogs and hamburgers prepared by our TCS culinary services team
Book Sale: Lots of gently-used coffee table style books to choose from
Student Art Sale: View and purchase beautiful artwork created by our students
Children's Games: Bring the whole family for a day of fun!
Sports: Our TCS student-athletes will be hosting home games, including a "homecoming" football match-up against UCC, and our alumni soccer and field hockey games will also take the field.
Want to lend your support to Bear Fair?
Bear Fair is the largest event for the TCS Parents' Guild and is solely run by parent volunteers. We are busy making all the preparations for this memorable annual event and we need your help!
Silent Auction Donations: We are hoping your family and friends may be able to donate a special item for the auction. Past items have included gift baskets, weekend getaways or spa packages, luxury car experiences, tickets to sporting events, jewelry and more.
Making a donation is easy:
- Drop off your auction item at Russel House (the red brick building on Deblaquire Street North, the west side of campus).
- Have your item delivered or shipped to the TCS Office of Philanthropy & Alumni at Russel House, 55 Deblaquire Street North, Port Hope, Ontario, L1A 4K7 (phone: 905-885-1295).
- Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org with details (e.g. if the donation is something like an e-card or weekend getaway)
- Or, if you reside far away or are extremely busy, you can donate a dollar amount by clicking here. Your donation will be used to purchase gift items or to sponsor an activity. Even if you are unable to attend you can still be a part of this fabulous day by donating!
Sponsor an Activity: If you would like to sponsor an activity such as the children's games, please email email@example.com.
International Food Stations: We are inviting members of the school community to provide samples of international cuisine. Goods prepared at home (cool, warm, hot, spicy, easy to sample and hold as you walk and chat), as well as samples from families who have connections to local restaurants, would be gratefully received. If you plan to make a contribution, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know.
Baked Goods Sale: Nut-free baked goods are needed and can be dropped off the morning of Bear Fair at the main reception (Cirne Hall). In addition to baked goods, we are also asking for donations of jam, preserves or bagged candy.
Book Sale: We are looking for donations of gently-used coffee table style books (large format) which can be dropped off at the Junior School or Russel House (see directions above).
Co-Chairs: Brooke Mullins & Jennie Horsbrugh-Porter
Assistant Chair: Dawn Labanovich