- Oversees the governance policies and practices of the School in a manner consistent with the School’s mission, strategic plan and board policies.
- Determines the desired TCS Governing Body profile and works to ensure that its composition reflects the community it serves.
- Identifies and recruits candidates for nomination as governors. Seeks governor nominations from the extended TCS family and annually nominates such persons as it finds to be qualified and who embody commitment to the common purpose of the TCS community for consideration as members of the TCS Governing Body and submits such nominations for election at the Annual General Meeting.
- Identifies and recruits candidates for nomination as TCS Trustees.
- Orients new governors. Organizes training and education of the TCS Governing Body.
- Oversees and refines the School’s Risk Registry.
- Recommends for consideration, governors and non-governors to serve on standing committees and sub-committees and nominates the chair of each standing committee. Engages in annual evaluations as guided by the Governors and Trustees Policy Manual and recommends to the TCS Governing Body modifications with a view to improving board and governance performance.
Mike Bellamy ’93
Bonnie Davis P’13 ’18, committee chair, governor
Adam Howard ’76 P’08 ’11, chair, body of trustees
Bill Jack ’83, governor
Elspeth Murray P’08 ’10, governor
Lola Obomighie P’26, governor
Doug Scott ’81, governor
Cameron Snaith ’96
Douglas Stewart ’93
Andrew Tirelli ’04, governor
Jennifer Titterton ’93 P’17 ’20
Migara Weerasinghe ’84 P’16 ’19 ’23
- Reviews and monitors the annual budget submissions and requirements, including staff compensation levels and the adequacy and funding levels of pension plans, as prepared by school management.
- Monitors and reviews the adequacy of insurance coverage.
- Recommends the annual operating budget and fee levels to the board for approval.
- Reviews and monitors the three-year operating budget for implications on the long-range planning process.
- Reviews and approves annual audited financial statements, receives the auditor’s report on the audited results, and recommends approval to the board.
- Coordinates with the infrastructure committee for input on capital spending requirements, with the advancement committee for input on annual giving revenue forecasts, and the TCS Foundation’s investment committee for input on draws of the foundation’s endowment capital, annual giving donations and special capital receipts.
Glenn Gatcliffe ’92, governor
Charlie Kime ’89
Mike Lada ’97, committee chair, governor
Katherine MacArthur ’02, governor
Justin Morin ’12
Candace Pickering P’23 ’25
- Monitors the physical state of buildings and property, the progress of the annual major maintenance program and the adequacy of insurance coverage.
- Monitors the progress of construction and renovation programs as required.
- Recommends to the board property acquisitions and dispositions, siting and design as required, and the annual major maintenance program.
Judith Barker P’99 ’03, trustee
Gordon Boughner ’83 P’16, trustee
Noble Gibson ’93, governor
Jennifer McGill P’25 ’26
Tory McKillop ’99, governor, committee chair
Robert Price ’94
Donna Tang P’23
Philanthropy & Alumni Committee
- Directs annual giving, planned giving and bequest programs and leadership giving.
- Monitors levels of annual giving, capital donations and bequests.
- With the finance committee, recommends endowment goals and monitors achievement.
- Recommends, directs and monitors the conduct of capital campaigns as required.
- Has responsibility for oversight of the TCS Parents Association and the TCS Alumni Association.
Michael Gibson P’19 ’21
Edan Howell ’94, committee chair, governor
Jon Kennedy ’82, trustee
Anne Kim ’08
Honor McLachlin P’22 ’24
Robert Mehler ’94
Julia Osmar ’06, governor
Douglas Scott ’09, governor
Derek Smith ’72, trustee
Isabel Tremblay ’94, governor
Tova White P’24 ’27, governor
Robert Wilson Rogers ’71, trustee
Jeff Wood ’79